So, this morning when I am driving to work, and I hear on Word FM (only the best thing to listen to EVER during a morning/afternoon commute or any other time of the day!!) and I hear Eric & Heather reporting about a "new trend" in New Year's Resolutions: a one word alternative to our traditional resolutions. Even found an article about it that you can read more about it :-) It is short, sweet, and to the point, so definitely worth reading
One Word New Year's Resolutions
In a quick summary, you pick one word as a goal for your year. This word should challenge you, give you guidance & strength, something you should be passionate about, etc...
My word for 2014: Serve
- I vow to serve my family without requiring or needing anything in return
- I vow to serve complete strangers in order for them to see Christ in my actions
- I vow to serve Prince Street Church (as well as other churches that I am connected to) as a way to become closer to God and grow
- I vow to serve my co-workers and students with a heavy dose of patience, love, and gratitude for everything they do to make lives better for people across our community
- I vow to serve my youth group kids through love that doesn't see judgement when they make a mistake and an ear that is always willing to hear them when they want to talk
- I vow to use myself in a serving way throughout each day as Christ commands us
I thoroughly encourage you to make your own "one word resolution", but it doesn't just stop there. I want you to share it with me so I can be praying for you and we can support each other through encouragement and accountability.
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
Happy New Year's Everyone