Monday, July 18, 2011

Cake pops

so cake pops are by no means a new concept to most people ( I was actually introduced to them over a year ago by a colleague) but every time I eat one I just fall in love all over again!
In the past 2 months thanks to my bestie Sarah I have actually eaten them twice and I am seriously considering making them myself sometime this week for a birthday party we need to go to this week.
For those of you who have never heard of this yummy treat, let me break it down for you in the simplest terms that it was explained to me:
  1. bake a cake (ANY cake)
  2. attack a cooled cake with a potato masher (or your hands if you don't mind getting dirty) and reduce your delicious cake to crumbs
  3. combine your cake crumbs with a container of frosting (again, ANY you choose) and mix together to form a consistency that can be rolled and formed into balls
  4. dip your cake balls in melted chocolate (you know what I am gonna say next, don't you? ANY chocolate you choose - it is super fun when you start using colored chocolate)
  5. add any extras if you are interested (sprinkles, mini candies, etc...)
  6. lay your cake balls out onto a waxed paper lined tray to allow for chocolate to become firm (it is now your choice whether you would like to poke a lollipop stick into the balls or leave them as so)
These are some of the most delicious treats every (and of course GREAT finger food!) I got a book from the library that gave me some inspiration to really put some time into these mini desserts and have some fun. These are my favorites:




No comments:

Post a Comment