Monday, October 31, 2011

Boo....and I mean it!

Halloween is here and in case you haven't looked out your windows in the past 72 hrs - our Halloween is a white one this year! tooooooo strange Fall leaves hanging on the trees with snow covering them is just absurd.
Around our house we   We went to the Shippensburg Halloween Parade last Saturday (a nice parade that has expanded from 20 mins the last time I went a few years ago to 1 1/2 hrs!) Maddy of course marched in the parade as an 80s chick while twirling her flag



Did trunk-or-treat at our church on Wednesday (decorate your car trunk, park it in the church parking lot, pass out candy to the kids as they walk from car to car)

No trick or treating for us tonight - maybe just a bag of popcorn and the three of us curled up on the couch watching a scary movie!!

I leave you with an excerpt I am reading to my kindergarteners from a Junie B. Jones book called Boo.....and I mean it! (Junie B. is one of the funniest kids I know so even if you aren't familiar with her books I know you will get a chuckle out of the 5 secrets of Halloween)



5 Scary Secrets that Paulie Allen Puffer told me by Junie B. Jones

1. Real monsters and witches go trick or treating on Halloween. Only they don't even wear costumes. On account of everybody thinks they are already dressed up. BUT THEY'RE NOT! THEY ARE WEARING THEIR REAL ACTUAL FACE AND CLOTHES!
2. Do not carve pointy, sharp teeth into your pumpkin. Or else it will roll into your room while you are sleeping and eat your feet.
3. Bats like to land on your head and live in your hair.
4. Black witch cats can claw you into shreddle
5. Candy corn isn't really corn.










No comments:

Post a Comment