Saturday, December 10, 2011

1st swimming meet (Dover Invitationals)

well Maddy had her 1st swimming meet today. I dropped her off at SASHS at 6:15 this morning. While we drove to the school, her comment was "It is too weird to be driving to school with the moon shining".
My reply? "Yeah, find a window and see some sunlight today because when I am driving you home tonight, you will be looking at the moon again!"

Here to tell her side of the story, Maddy, herself :-)
    Today was an amazing day. i was really nervous when i got to Dover at first. My event was called and i told the team to please not watch because i will be horrible. They didn't listen. As i got on the block for my 50 free i was a little shaky. The buzzer rang and i was gone. i finished the race, and i was first in my heat with 32 seconds. it was amazing! my coaches were so proud. the whole team watched me do my race. i got out and everyone started clapping and hugging me. they all said i beat some juniors it was again amazing. after my warm up i went into the hall and everyone was yelling my name and really proud. it was a great day!! then for my 100 backstroke race i placed 2nd but not by much. in our 200 relay our lane won and in our 400 relay our lane came in fifth. it was a really good day. :)

We are SO PROUD of her!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment