Thursday, May 31, 2012

Uh Oh :-(

A classic, great night gone totally bad!
Somewhere between the hours of 1:30 to 9:30 (Dan thinks it happened more around 6-7) the humidity of our house combined with the cold water in our toilet tank caused a dramatic effect that my stepfather says he has only seen happen 3 times in the span of his 45 years of experience in plumbing!

the entire side of the tank CRACKED :-(

We came home to the sound of water spraying out somewhere. We run downstairs and see our ceiling "raining".....we run back up to the hallway and I almost fall over at the sight! Our hallway carpet is so soaked that when you walk on it, the water squishes up in between your toes, and there is about an inch of water on our bathroom floor :-( Dan took the car shammy to the hallway carpet while Maddy took a sponge to the bathroom floor til I ran down the road to Giant to rent a carpet shampooer to soak up the water out of the hallway carpet.
The next morning, we were at Lowes bright and early (in case you were wondering, they open up at 8 am on a Sunday morning) to get a brand new toilet (which was an adventure and a half! Dan made me sit on the floor model toilet to see how comfortable it was! hehe) I love my husband to pieces and am SO GRATEFUL that he was able to fix our toilet that very same day
But......the story doesnt stop there. Monday afternoon he comes home from the Memorial day parade in Ship to realize that he truly cannot stand the stinky smell of the hallway carpet so he rips it up!

(it is definitely a good thing that our house was built back in the 50s: an era where you put hardwood floors down then quickly covered them up with carpet to keep them looking nice. Our living room, hallway, and all three bedrooms have gorgeous hardwood floors)

But wait there's MORE....(haha)
Wednesdays my hubby currently has off of work (the shop is too slow and so office management has gone down to 4 day work weeks!) and so yesterday I come home from work to see two rolls of carpet laying on the garage floor. LOL He couldnt take it (only hardwood floors in the hallway) so he ripped out the carpet in the living room



Oh, I am SO in love!!
Maddy says "Now I don't know where Rocca is in the house when I am laying in bed!" (haha before you knew she was in the living room if you didn't hear her nails clicking on the hardwood of the bedroom floors)

What else did Dan have time to install last night while Maddy and I were @ youth group?
Our new ceiling fan from my Dad :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment