Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Day

Feels like I haven't posted a blog in forever (oh, that's right - it has been forever! just too busy closing out the school year), but now it is finished and yesterday was just such a bittersweet day.
The last day of school always is bittersweet for Maddy and I. My last day? same ole, same ole....Maddy's last day? A little bit more momentous: it was her last day as a middle schooler!!!


I know, everyone can pick their jaws up off the floor now once they recover from how old Maddy is getting. She is super excited to be going to the high school next year, many new adventures lay in store: block scheduling, band (she twirls a flag :-) just like her Mama use to do haha), a new school (which she is says is "FREAKIN' HUGE MA!" lol), and permission to wear some makeup.
What happened to my baby girl who asked for me to do her hair in "chicken nuggets & french fries?" Translation: lots of pony tails all over her head - some left dangling (those would be the french fries) and other tied up into a bun (those would be the chicken nuggets). Or in the summer, we would braid her hair into dozens of tiny little braids that then were left in for about a week? Ah, those hairstyles were priceless. Now my assistance in the hair department is only needed if another set of eyes is needed to check the back of her head for any missed areas that need to go back in the straightening iron. She has taught herself (from Youtube, nonetheless) how to french braid her OWN hair!
Anyhoo, how did I get off on a tangent about hair? (Yes, Maddy I KNOW your hair smells divine! My daughter isn't too vain?! haha) While I may be apprehensive about the next adventure around the corner, I am excited too. Every day before our very eyes, she is growing up into a wonderful young lady that we are SUPER proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment