Friday, November 25, 2011

Prep Day

So this is my favorite day! No, not because I go Black Friday Shopping, but it is my bake & cook all day Day :-) Tomorrow, it is our family's tradition for my family to come down from Tamaqua to eat around our Shippensburg table
This year, we will sadly be missing Dad, Maggie, Andrew, MK, and Sandi from our table - We love you all and will miss you terribly tomorrow as we sit around together and count our blessings. Hopefully, you will be able to rejoin us next year!
On my list of things to prepare today
  • mashed potatoes (they will go in the crockpot with sour cream & cheese tomorrow morning)
  • turkey (tonight it will get parsley butter shoved under the skin & then placed in the electric roaster overnight)
  • pumpkin pie (from scratch)
  • Candy Apple Pie
  • homemade bread (with a little help from the bread machine)
  • green & red cupcakes (those are actually for christmas, but I am gonna bake them today and then pop them in the deep freezer to icing and decorate at a later time)

As I am writing out my grocery list and digging through the recipes to find that 2nd pie I want to make Madeline is watching a FRIENDS episode in the background. It just happens to be one of my favorites (Thanksgiving episode of course) and I hope this NEVER happens to me



1 comment: