Thursday, January 26, 2012

Early Birthday Surprise

Well the countdown is on: Maddy turns 15 tomorrow and I don't care what she says, she is stoked (each year she pawns it off that she is getting older and is not as excited about her birthday, then the big day arrives and she is like a little kid again! hehe) I will ramble on more tomorrow in a new post: her birthday always makes me sentimental and so proud!!!!!!!
Tonight she is off at a swim meet (her last one at Trinity High School in Camp Hill) and I have decided to arrange one of her birthday presents early! Unfortunately, she already knows that she is getting a zebra print comforter (one of those bed in a bag deals) with pink sheets and so I have been telling her all week that she is not getting it to put on her bed until Friday, but I would be a nice Mommy and wash it for her sometime this week so that it would be nice and fresh and clean. Her surprise then? While she has been away at her meet tonight, not only did I wash everything, but I put it on her bed already for her :-)



The challenge now becomes making the bed. Anyone who is familiar with my daughter's "sleeping nest" knows that unless it is the dead of summer, Maddy has at least 5 blankets on her bed that she is snuggling under. Currently?

Seven!!! LOL

And I have to put them back in the EXACT order or she will come home tonight and rip her bed apart then remake it before she can sleep in it for the night. So cross your fingers that I did it right. It was a little difficult for two or three of them because her bed wasn't made to begin with so it was a little hard to see which way they were laying :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment