Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the fellow Mommas out there. I am blessed this very day for being a Mom, having a Mom, and being loved by a bunch of other fantastic females who have acted like Moms to me throughout the years!


Being a Mom definitely did not come to me in the "normal society way", (or the way I thought it was gonna happen as a child thinking about the day when I would become a mother). Nonetheless Madeline is proof that dreams come true. Oh, it hasn't always been an easy road: some people think that I am not her "real" Mom or that motherhood cannot be achieved other than biologically, strangers look at me & think "Good, Lord, did the girl get pregnant when she was 12?!?!" (actually if you do the pregnancy math I was 14), or a multitude of other reasons (trust me, folks, this isn't a pity party for me - my story has a happy ending). But what part of life is an easy road? What mother & daughter's relationship is perfect 24/7 365 days a year? Uh.....that would be no one. I just thank God every day that I get to be a mother in this life to a wonderful daughter who can make me smile and laugh every day (even if we are having one of our "raging female hormone" days LOL) I love you Madeline Rose <3

Of course, I also need to celebrate my own Momma today who has taught me how to be a good Momma to my own daughter and has helped shape me into the woman who stands before you today. My mom is a wonderful woman whose spirit inspires me, her strength awes  me, and her love and support strengthens me. I love you Mother <3




No comments:

Post a Comment