Monday, May 23, 2011

I am a band geek!

Ok, right now I seriously feel like I am a kid in a candy store or that it is Christmas Morn
Let's back up a moment. Madeline decided a couple of months ago that she would like to continue twirling her flag in high school (something she has done for two years now) and become a part of the band ("Hallelujah")
Back up even farther (actually at least a decade) - I was a band geek myself. 6 years, baby :-) Trumpet for marching band, silks (aka color guard, aka flags) for marching band. My dream: to have my own kid become a "band geek" herself! Yeah, fast forward to the present and my dream is coming true. (sometimes, it doesn't take much folks haha)
Tonight, we had our parent meeting of incoming freshman band members. I sat there like a good little girl diligently taking notes (I don't want to miss ANYTHING and I want to copy my notes for Gabe's mom cause she is unable to make it to the meeting) and I just keep getting more and more excited. Oh, band games, pep rallies, bus rides to football games: band made high school worthwhile for me. Maddy is seriously going to have the time of her life. When the meeting is over, I have signed up to help out each day at band camp (what do I have better to do with a summer off of work?!?!) and to talk to the current secretary to see if I am interested in taking an officer position since she is resigning. Excited? Oh, I can barely contain myself. The "cherry on top of my ice cream sundae" for the evening's events: wait for it............

talking to another band mom (her daughter will be Maddy's captain on the color guard squad next year) and not only are we fellow past band geeks, but she spend a few years of her teenage life stomping around the grounds of Leighton! "It's a small world after all" Finding someone who knows where Tamaqua is on the map is in itself a high point of ANY day

Now I just need my "Band Mom" sweatshirt and picture of my band kid pinned to its front LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment