Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! Christ has Risen!
It doesn't really feel like Easter here this year - no egg hunt, no Easter basket for Maddy to undo (Maddy got her Easter basket last weekend since she is away) and other than my MIL, Sandi, coming over, no big hoopla meal at lunch time either. So, I woke up this morning at 7:30 to put in our baby rotisserie chicken (This little 4 lb. bird was seriously the cutest!) in the crock pot.
I cut open the plastic and while I am rising the bird off I realize that this is not going to be as easy as the turkey at Thanksgiving. Why? Because the gizzard and all that jazz are not in a tiny perfect little white pouch for me to easily pull out - YUCK! So now next dilemma - how do I want to season my bird? I settled for minced garlic with butter to shove under the skin (my stepmother taught me to stuff parsley butter under the turkey's skin at Thanksgiving) and then I loaded on the spices - garlic pepper, onion onion (it's so nice, you have to say it twice haha just kidding - Tastefully Simple product), lemon citrus peel, and good ol' salt. Off to pick my MIL up for church at 9:30 and I am loving the sun that greets me as I walk out my front door! (Even got to wear a sleeveless dress for church)
We came home from church to one fine smellin' kitchen and then I whisked up some stove top, corn, and cheddar biscuits to go with my baby bird. A perfect little meal for a quaint little family sitting around the table together to celebrate the holiday. (not to mention a painless clean up since I used a roasting pan bag inside my crock pot this morning - genius invention, I swear!) So we are about ready to settle in on the couch to watch a movie and digest so we can eat some raspberry swirled pound cake for dessert.

Looking forward to tonight's date night at Ruby Tuesday's since we have a gift card (thanks Dad & Maggie) and we have to go back down to Chambersburg to take Ma home. I hear some fancy cocktail calling my name to celebrate my 40 days of willpower! hahaha

Have a great one ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment