Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jacob gets some work done

Wait? Who is Jacob? If you guessed my SUV you have guessed correctly......Why oh, why, is my vehicle named Jacob. Two words: Team Jacob. Two more words: Twilight Saga. If anyone else is still lost, the only thing I can say is: "What! Have you been living under a rock for the past three years in American society?!?!"
So if you saw my status on Facebook yesterday I was not a happy camper. What was suppose to be a routine oil change (which thrifty me had a coupon for from Pontiac) turned into a $800 some dollar expenditure that we were not playing on paying at this moment.
The shop told us that Jacob needed new tires (we were hoping to get another inspection out of them in July and replace by next winter), a new oil filter, plus front brakes and rotors! In the words of SkippyJon Jones (one of my favorite storybook characters) "Holy Frijoles!" It is a good damn thing my hubby is SO handy when it comes to the car department (remember, he is a jack of all trades). I get a loaner car to go back to work today with ("Don't complain about the crappy car, Tabitha. It was free and your hubby is doing all this much needed work to your car" - also for free) I was all excited to get off of work and swing by the shop to drop off my rental, pick up Dan and just go home. What I found instead was not what I had expected, but SO MUCH better! I found a dirty, sweaty husband with orders to take the rental home cause he was staying late at work to give the car (he usually refuses to acknowledge him as Jacob haha) a thorough bath! This is what was delivered to my driveway 2 hours later :-)
Jacob you are just so clean!

my new sneakers

My new license plate cover

the interior has not been this dog hair free since last Mother's Day when my present was a detail job!

my new GPS system
 OMG Please meet the newest addition to our family: Jenny Garmin (an early graduation present). Jenny has yet to be used (the fingerprints are setting up my initial stats and selecting the voice), but I am so excited to finally have a GPS system. Her name is Jenny (please make sure you say her name with a Forrest Gump accent haha) because I needed a name that started with a J and I am FOREVER quoting stuff from Forrest Gump because it is seriously just SO classic!
Does your GPS have a name? On come on, you know it does
My mom? Richard. Her theory is that if Richard is being "nice" and not getting her lost, then he gets to keep his full name: Richard. Make her mad, though, Richard, and get her confused on a bunch of one way streets and watch out "DICK!"
My brother, Chad? Why, he has Jenny's mom: Nancy Garmin
My favorite though is Coach Kanger (from Tamaqua): Bev LOL I LOVE IT! Now for those of you who don't get the joke it is quite simple if you have a little background information. My mom's name is Bev. Her profession: bus driver. When Coach Kagner needs his track team to go to a meet, do you want to take a wild guess who he always requests: you got it! My mom, Bev. "Bev never gets me lost!" he says.

In closing, (I feel like that GPS paragraph was a bit of a tangent) I seriously have the best hubby in the world for doing ALL of this for me today. He is currently out in the garage giving Jacob a coat of wax! He skipped his cardio workout this evening (he said changing the tires was enough for him in one day) and did all of this to keep me safe and secure on the highways each and every day through my 25 minute commute to work each morning and then home to my old stomping grounds in Tamaqua about once a month. He is the jelly to my peanut butter sandwich (ooh, wait I don't like jelly. Let me try again) He is the sprinkles to my ice cream cone. Yeah, I like that and I love Dan <3

Nite ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment